Activity ThreeTrace your Family's Migration
Activity Goal Trace Your Family Journey
- Several colored pencils of different colors
- Printed My Family Migration World Map
From what you know about your family from written records, DNA ancestry and/or family stories, map your mother's and father's journeys to the United States and, if possible, their ancestors’ paths before them.
- Use a different color for each person’s journey. For example, use shades of blue for your father and his parents and shades of red for your mother and her parents.
- Go as many generations back as you can based on the information you have collected.
- If you make a mistake, no problem, print out another map and try again.
- When you are done, add this page to your book of documentation about your family.
Kids love to study themselves! Our at-home genealogy and genetics activities help your own Seedlings dig into their family trees and find their roots!